Nestlé Purina in the Americas: Advancing Pet Nutrition, Creating Positive Impacts for Pets and People in Society
Jun 21, 2016
June 21, 2016 - Nestlé Purina in the Americas has released its 2015 Creating Shared Value report, demonstrating how the company is making a positive impact for pets and the people who love them.
The report, available on www.Purina.com, provides an in-depth look at Nestlé Purina’s Creating Shared Value activities in 2015, focused on four key areas:
- Pet Nutrition, Quality and Safety: Improving the lives of pets through healthy foods backed by our leading science and nutritional expertise and produced using the highest standards in quality and safety
- Environmental Sustainability: Creating a better world by using natural resources efficiently and responsibly to preserve our environment and create positive impacts to society
- People: Investing in people through our dedication to associate safety, health and well-being, recruitment and commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Pets in Society and Pet Welfare: Leveraging our expertise, scale and passion for pets to improve the quality of life for pets and their owners
Highlights from the 2015 report:
- A recent innovation in Purina’s healthy aging work is Purina Pro Plan Bright Mind Adult 7+ formula, launched in 2015 in the U.S. and Canada. Around age 7, a dog’s glucose metabolism in the brain begins to change, which can affect memory, learning, awareness or decision-making. After years of studies, our experts have created a way to promote alertness and mental sharpness in senior dogs (age 7 and older). In early 2016, we launched Purina Pro Plan Bright Mind Adult formula – to support a dog’s cognitive health throughout adulthood, before his senior years.
- We completed a corporate life cycle assessment of the U.S. business in 2015, which gave us a comprehensive view of our total environmental footprint to help us address what matters most to the environment and society and how we can best add value and make the biggest positive influence.
- We launched Project Opportunity, a career acceleration initiative to help people of all ages gain work experience and strengthen their professional development skills.
- Purina supports hundreds of pet shelters in the Americas through food donations as well as provides expertise in the areas of nutrition, marketing and professional growth opportunities for shelter staff. In 2015 we contributed $30 million+ in pet food, pet supplies and monetary funding to pet-related charities and other community organizations in the Americas.
To read the full report, visit: https://www.purina.com/media/1189712/2015-csv-report-purina-americas-final-web.pdf