In this section of the Purina News Center, you'll find our news releases. The releases are listed in chronological order and are archived by year.
- Apr 25, 2017From Incredible Jumps To Record-Breaking Dives, Purina Pro Plan Celebrates 20 Years Of The Incredible Dog ChallengeBrand Partners with Andy Roddick and America's VetDogs to Launch "Call for Incredible" Campaign Highlighting Incredible Dog Stories
For two decades, the Purina Pro Plan Incredible Dog Challenge (IDC) has been giving competitive canine athletes a stage to demonstrate their amazing abilities in Olympic-style events around the...
- Apr 20, 2017Initiative to support North Shore Animal League America's Educational Curriculum, Mutt-i-grees
Purina ONE® celebrated its ONE Difference campaign today with the help of television personality Andy Cohen and his former shelter dog Wacha. The talk show host joined the brand and North Shore...
- Apr 11, 2017Purina Invites Dog Lovers to Celebrate the Starring Role Pets Play in their Lives During the First-Ever Beverly Hills Dog ShowE! News Co-Host and pet lover Maria Menounos encourages dog owners to join Purina's "Every Dog is a Star" movement benefiting Leader Dogs for the Blind
In celebration of the first ever "Beverly Hills Dog Show Presented by Purina," a show that will combine the stars of Hollywood with the stars of the dog world, Purina invites dog lovers across the...
- Mar 30, 2017Renovations expected to be completed in 2017
A $10,000 grant from the Nestle Purina PetCare Foundation is helping renovate the Crete Youth Cabin. The grant will be used by the Crete Youth Cabin Association to replace...
- Mar 28, 2017Nestlé Purina PetCare Company Supports Canine Health with $219,203 Donation to the AKC Canine Health Foundation
The AKC Canine Health Foundation (CHF), a nonprofit organization whose mission is to prevent, treat and cure diseases in all dogs, is pleased to announce that...
- Mar 21, 2017New Video Shows How Farmers in Indiana Are Working to Improve Water Quality From Indiana to the Gulf of Mexico
Mars Harlan’s farm is eight miles south of Terre Haute along the Wabash River. Farming is the only job he’s ever had, and over the years, he’s seen the Wabash flood many times, losing crops...
- Mar 16, 2017St. Louis family attraction gives guests opportunity to help shelter pets by visiting exhibit
The first official day of spring and warmer weather is upon us. Nestlé Purina invites the whole family to plan a visit to Purina Farms for a fun and interactive experience getting up close and...
Mar 15, 2017Pet Experts Will Highlight Parallels in Aging between Humans and Pets and Benefits of Pet Ownership for Older Adults
There are more than 80 million households in the U.S. with pets1, and Purina Pro Plan wants to empower these dog and cat owners to think differently about their pet's nutritional needs as they age...
- Mar 8, 2017Brand Partners with Leading Pet Aging Expert Dr. Matt Kaeberlein to Educate Consumers on Maximizing "Healthspan" in Pets
What would you do if you had one more healthy year with your cat? Purina Pro Plan, a leader in pet nutrition, wants to help pet owners find out. The brand has been researching aging in pets for...
- Mar 2, 2017Donations touched shelter pets, survivors of domestic violence, and St. Louis Children's Hospital patients who can now be comforted by their pet during treatment
Purina today announced that in 2016 the company donated $31.2 million worth of pet food, pet supplies and monetary contributions to pet-related charities and other community organizations across...
- Feb 21, 2017All Purina Factories to Achieve Zero Waste to Landfill Status by 2020
Nestlé Purina's Oklahoma City facility is the company's seventh location to achieve this significant milestone that supports Nestlé’s global commitment to be landfill-free by 2020.
- Feb 2, 2017Obe, founder of new smart pet bowl, wins first-ever Pet Care Innovation Prize powered by Purina
Obe is the grand prize winner of the first-ever Pet Care Innovation Prize, a partnership between Nestlé Purina and two investment firms. Obe produces smart pet products that make the day-to-day care of pets effortless so more time can be spent with pets.
Feb 1, 2017World’s largest food company reinforces commitment to operating at the forefront of changing consumer demands
Nestlé USA, a subsidiary of Nestlé S.A., announced that it will transition its corporate headquarters to Arlington County, Virginia starting later this year.
- Jan 24, 2017Sponsorship Agreement Celebrates All Dogs
With the 141st Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show just weeks away, Purina and the Westminster Kennel Club begin a 10-year agreement making Purina Pro Plan the exclusive pet food sponsor of...
- Jan 17, 2017Bracketology Meets "Barketology" In The Purina Pro Plan $1 Million Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Bracket ChallengeFans at Home Choose Their Top Dogs for a Chance to Win $1 Million
When it comes to filling out a winning bracket, what's your strategy? Do you study team history and statistics or are you a fan of the upset? Back by popular demand, the Purina Pro Plan $1 Million...
- Jan 12, 2017Middle School Students Learn Valuable Lessons about Pet Care at Nestlé Purina's New Storefront in JA BizTownNew storefront helps students develop business skills, become more employable in the future
Junior Achievement's (JA) St. Louis BizTown is now "pet friendly" thanks to a new Purina storefront where students can learn what it's like to be a veterinarian, veterinary technician,...
- Jan 10, 2017A $25,000 Purina Grant Goes Towards Dog Park Upgrades
Zanesville, OH – A $25,000 grant from the Nestlé Purina PetCare Foundation is giving local dog owners something to cheer about. The money will be used by the City of Zanesville and “Friends...
- Dec 21, 2016Donation supports expansion of enrichment and training programs for shelter dogs
Second Chance Center for Animals is expanding its enrichment and training programs for shelter dogs with the opening of its Canine Sports Arena, made possible by a $25,000 donation from Nestlé...
- Dec 15, 2016AKC Canine Health Foundation Receives More Than $35,000 Donation from Purina to Fund Canine Disease Research
The AKC Canine Health Foundation will continue to invest in key canine health research initiatives thanks to a more than $35,000 donation from Purina® and thousands of pet owners across the nation.
- Dec 7, 2016Nestlé Purina PetCare Honored As One Of The Best Places To Work In 2017, A Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award
For the fourth consecutive year, Nestlé Purina PetCare Company has been honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, recognizing the 50 Best Places to Work in 2017. Nestlé Purina PetCare...
- Nov 21, 2016Celebrate the National Dog Show Presented by Purina® and the Holiday Season by Thanking Your Favorite Pooch to Benefit Canine Health ResearchNBC host and Olympian Johnny Weir and his dog Tema are back for the second year to encourage dog owners to join Purina's #DogThanking movement
In celebration of the National Dog Show Presented by Purina and the Thanksgiving holiday, Purina invites dog lovers across the world to share why they are thankful for their four-legged friends.
- Nov 17, 2016Petfinder Donates $250,000 To Divide Among 25 Shelter And Rescue Members To Celebrate 20th Anniversary And 25 Million Pet Adoptions#MetOnPetfinder 20th Anniversary Video Exceeds 1.9 Million Views;
Petfinder, the nation's leading resource for pet adoption, will donate $250,000 to the Petfinder Foundation in celebration of its 20th anniversary.
- Nov 14, 2016Blog is Available Exclusively on PawCulture.com Along with FREE Cat Clubhouse Membership for Special Deals from Purina and PetSmart
Purina and PetSmart are launching Grumpy Cat's first-ever blog post, which will be housed exclusively on PawCulture.com. Visitors to the site will get a peek at Grumpy's top ten pet peeves and also have the opportunity to join the FREE, members-only Cat Clubhouse.
- Nov 4, 2016
NBC will present the 15th anniversary edition of its popular holiday special “The NATIONAL DOG SHOW Presented by Purina®" Thanksgiving Day (noon to 2 p.m. in all time zones), Nov. 24, 2016, following the telecast of NBC's "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade."
- Nov 3, 2016Nestlé Purina PetCare Company Celebrates Veterans Day with Three-Day Celebration and Highlights Job Opportunities for VeteransCompany also asking consumers to vote for their favorite military pet charity - Dogs on Deployment or Pets for Vets - and Purina will donate a total of $100,000
Nestlé Purina is celebrating Veterans Day with three days of military-focused events for Purina associates, spotlighting job opportunities for Veterans across the U.S., and giving a total of $100,000 to split between consumers' favorite military pet charity based on online votes at PureLoveForPets.com*.