In this section of the Purina News Center, you'll find our news releases. The releases are listed in chronological order and are archived by year.
Oct 12, 2017Better With Pets Hackathon Will Challenge Students and Professionals to Develop Technology for A More Pet-Friendly Community
October 9, 2017 - ST. LOUIS - With the support of local organizations and pet-loving businesses, Purina is hosting the first-ever Better with Pets Hackathon event challenging college students and...
Oct 11, 2017Free of grains and fillers, the new dry dog food recipe features real farm-raised chicken as the #1 ingredient
As dog owners across the country express growing interest in grain free food choices for their four-legged friends, Beneful has created a new line of Grain Free dry dog food. The tasty new recipe...
- Oct 2, 2017NEW SURVEY CONFIRMS CAPITOL HILL IS A VERY PET-FRIENDLY WORKPLACE
Washington, D.C. (October 2, 2017) –Members of Congress have been bringing pets to work since the nation’s founding. A new survey confirms that Capitol Hill remains a very pet-friendly...
- Sep 27, 2017Pet care company to invest $320 million in new Hartwell manufacturing facility and distribution center
Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal today announced that Nestlé Purina PetCare Co. will create as many as 240 new jobs and invest $320 million in a manufacturing facility and distribution center in...
Sep 20, 2017Lightweight litter delivers heavyweight performance with improved formula featuring TidyLock with Ammonia Blocker
Cat owners suffering from Stank Face, the universal facial expression of disgust caused by putrid-smelling litter boxes, can find the remedy for their litter box burdens with the latest...
Sep 8, 2017Friskies Brings Together Some of America's Favorite Celebrity Cats to Share Fortunes from Psychic Kitty Madame Fortuna at Meet & Greet Event
Trying to read the mind of a finicky cat is frustrating, especially when it comes to food preferences. To help consumers save time and money on purchasing quality products cats want, Purina and...
- Aug 31, 2017Debut of Urban Underdog American Lager eight-packs at local retailers ties into Purina's "Consider A Shelter Pet" philanthropic effort
Shelter pets across the metropolitan St. Louis area have a new, unexpected hero – Urban Underdog – thanks to a collaboration between two local pet-loving businesses. Purina is teaming up with...
Aug 1, 2017Racing Fans, Buckle Up: Grumpy Cat Teams Up with Mr. Tickles in Breakout Role as the 'First Cat of Professional Racing'Grumpy Cat "Motivates" Kroger Stock Car Driver A.J. Allmendinger's Furry Friend, Mr. Tickles, on his Quest to "Lap It Up" with NEW Friskies® Gravy Line
Cats, start your engines. Kitties can now enjoy their favorite gravy year-round with Friskies' new line of gravy products available at Kroger stores nationwide. Experience the interactive...
- Jun 29, 2017Advancing pet nutrition, making a big impact on pets, people and the planet
Nestlé Purina has released its 2016 Creating Shared Value report for the Americas, demonstrating how the company is making a positive impact for pets, people and the planet.
- Jun 20, 2017New survey data indicates pet-friendly workplace benefits are viewed as top drivers for morale and retention
Research has found that employees who bring their pets to work tend to have lower stress levels by the end of the day, and that their pet can help reduce blood pressure, decrease loneliness, help...
May 24, 2017Local Dog Park, Pet Shelters and Social Service Agencies Benefit from Purina's Annual Employee Volunteer DayPurina mobilizes 1,400 employees on "PetCare Pride Day" to make a big difference for pets and people in St. Louis area
Demonstrating an ongoing commitment to enriching the lives of pets and people, 1,400 Purina employees blanketed the greater St. Louis area on Tuesday during "PetCare Pride Day," the company's...
- May 22, 2017Nestlé Purina PetCare Company Supports The Nature Conservancy's National Soil Health Initiative with $1 Million CommitmentHealthy Soil Practices Could Unlock Unprecedented Economic and Conservation Benefits
Today, Nestlé Purina PetCare Company announced its support for The Nature Conservancy's reThink Soil initiative, a national, collaborative effort to help farmers improve soil health on croplands...
- May 11, 2017The Personalized Dog Food Brand Gets to the Bottom of the Connection Between BMs and Overall Health
Personalized dog food brand Just Right® by Purina® is encouraging dog owners to take a closer look at their dog's poop in an effort to understand more about his overall health and potentially...
- Apr 25, 2017From Incredible Jumps To Record-Breaking Dives, Purina Pro Plan Celebrates 20 Years Of The Incredible Dog ChallengeBrand Partners with Andy Roddick and America's VetDogs to Launch "Call for Incredible" Campaign Highlighting Incredible Dog Stories
For two decades, the Purina Pro Plan Incredible Dog Challenge (IDC) has been giving competitive canine athletes a stage to demonstrate their amazing abilities in Olympic-style events around the...
- Apr 20, 2017Initiative to support North Shore Animal League America's Educational Curriculum, Mutt-i-grees
Purina ONE® celebrated its ONE Difference campaign today with the help of television personality Andy Cohen and his former shelter dog Wacha. The talk show host joined the brand and North Shore...
- Apr 11, 2017Purina Invites Dog Lovers to Celebrate the Starring Role Pets Play in their Lives During the First-Ever Beverly Hills Dog ShowE! News Co-Host and pet lover Maria Menounos encourages dog owners to join Purina's "Every Dog is a Star" movement benefiting Leader Dogs for the Blind
In celebration of the first ever "Beverly Hills Dog Show Presented by Purina," a show that will combine the stars of Hollywood with the stars of the dog world, Purina invites dog lovers across the...
- Mar 30, 2017Renovations expected to be completed in 2017
A $10,000 grant from the Nestle Purina PetCare Foundation is helping renovate the Crete Youth Cabin. The grant will be used by the Crete Youth Cabin Association to replace...
- Mar 28, 2017Nestlé Purina PetCare Company Supports Canine Health with $219,203 Donation to the AKC Canine Health Foundation
The AKC Canine Health Foundation (CHF), a nonprofit organization whose mission is to prevent, treat and cure diseases in all dogs, is pleased to announce that...
- Mar 21, 2017New Video Shows How Farmers in Indiana Are Working to Improve Water Quality From Indiana to the Gulf of Mexico
Mars Harlan’s farm is eight miles south of Terre Haute along the Wabash River. Farming is the only job he’s ever had, and over the years, he’s seen the Wabash flood many times, losing crops...
- Mar 16, 2017St. Louis family attraction gives guests opportunity to help shelter pets by visiting exhibit
The first official day of spring and warmer weather is upon us. Nestlé Purina invites the whole family to plan a visit to Purina Farms for a fun and interactive experience getting up close and...
Mar 15, 2017Pet Experts Will Highlight Parallels in Aging between Humans and Pets and Benefits of Pet Ownership for Older Adults
There are more than 80 million households in the U.S. with pets1, and Purina Pro Plan wants to empower these dog and cat owners to think differently about their pet's nutritional needs as they age...
- Mar 8, 2017Brand Partners with Leading Pet Aging Expert Dr. Matt Kaeberlein to Educate Consumers on Maximizing "Healthspan" in Pets
What would you do if you had one more healthy year with your cat? Purina Pro Plan, a leader in pet nutrition, wants to help pet owners find out. The brand has been researching aging in pets for...
- Mar 2, 2017Donations touched shelter pets, survivors of domestic violence, and St. Louis Children's Hospital patients who can now be comforted by their pet during treatment
Purina today announced that in 2016 the company donated $31.2 million worth of pet food, pet supplies and monetary contributions to pet-related charities and other community organizations across...
- Feb 21, 2017All Purina Factories to Achieve Zero Waste to Landfill Status by 2020
Nestlé Purina's Oklahoma City facility is the company's seventh location to achieve this significant milestone that supports Nestlé’s global commitment to be landfill-free by 2020.
- Feb 2, 2017Obe, founder of new smart pet bowl, wins first-ever Pet Care Innovation Prize powered by Purina
Obe is the grand prize winner of the first-ever Pet Care Innovation Prize, a partnership between Nestlé Purina and two investment firms. Obe produces smart pet products that make the day-to-day care of pets effortless so more time can be spent with pets.
Feb 1, 2017World’s largest food company reinforces commitment to operating at the forefront of changing consumer demands
Nestlé USA, a subsidiary of Nestlé S.A., announced that it will transition its corporate headquarters to Arlington County, Virginia starting later this year.
- Jan 24, 2017Sponsorship Agreement Celebrates All Dogs
With the 141st Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show just weeks away, Purina and the Westminster Kennel Club begin a 10-year agreement making Purina Pro Plan the exclusive pet food sponsor of...
- Jan 17, 2017Bracketology Meets "Barketology" In The Purina Pro Plan $1 Million Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Bracket ChallengeFans at Home Choose Their Top Dogs for a Chance to Win $1 Million
When it comes to filling out a winning bracket, what's your strategy? Do you study team history and statistics or are you a fan of the upset? Back by popular demand, the Purina Pro Plan $1 Million...
- Jan 12, 2017Middle School Students Learn Valuable Lessons about Pet Care at Nestlé Purina's New Storefront in JA BizTownNew storefront helps students develop business skills, become more employable in the future
Junior Achievement's (JA) St. Louis BizTown is now "pet friendly" thanks to a new Purina storefront where students can learn what it's like to be a veterinarian, veterinary technician,...
- Jan 10, 2017A $25,000 Purina Grant Goes Towards Dog Park Upgrades
Zanesville, OH – A $25,000 grant from the Nestlé Purina PetCare Foundation is giving local dog owners something to cheer about. The money will be used by the City of Zanesville and “Friends...
- Dec 21, 2016Donation supports expansion of enrichment and training programs for shelter dogs
Second Chance Center for Animals is expanding its enrichment and training programs for shelter dogs with the opening of its Canine Sports Arena, made possible by a $25,000 donation from Nestlé...
- Dec 15, 2016AKC Canine Health Foundation Receives More Than $35,000 Donation from Purina to Fund Canine Disease Research
The AKC Canine Health Foundation will continue to invest in key canine health research initiatives thanks to a more than $35,000 donation from Purina® and thousands of pet owners across the nation.
- Dec 7, 2016Nestlé Purina PetCare Honored As One Of The Best Places To Work In 2017, A Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award
For the fourth consecutive year, Nestlé Purina PetCare Company has been honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, recognizing the 50 Best Places to Work in 2017. Nestlé Purina PetCare...
- Nov 21, 2016Celebrate the National Dog Show Presented by Purina® and the Holiday Season by Thanking Your Favorite Pooch to Benefit Canine Health ResearchNBC host and Olympian Johnny Weir and his dog Tema are back for the second year to encourage dog owners to join Purina's #DogThanking movement
In celebration of the National Dog Show Presented by Purina and the Thanksgiving holiday, Purina invites dog lovers across the world to share why they are thankful for their four-legged friends.
- Nov 17, 2016Petfinder Donates $250,000 To Divide Among 25 Shelter And Rescue Members To Celebrate 20th Anniversary And 25 Million Pet Adoptions#MetOnPetfinder 20th Anniversary Video Exceeds 1.9 Million Views;
Petfinder, the nation's leading resource for pet adoption, will donate $250,000 to the Petfinder Foundation in celebration of its 20th anniversary.
- Nov 14, 2016Blog is Available Exclusively on PawCulture.com Along with FREE Cat Clubhouse Membership for Special Deals from Purina and PetSmart
Purina and PetSmart are launching Grumpy Cat's first-ever blog post, which will be housed exclusively on PawCulture.com. Visitors to the site will get a peek at Grumpy's top ten pet peeves and also have the opportunity to join the FREE, members-only Cat Clubhouse.
- Nov 4, 2016
NBC will present the 15th anniversary edition of its popular holiday special “The NATIONAL DOG SHOW Presented by Purina®" Thanksgiving Day (noon to 2 p.m. in all time zones), Nov. 24, 2016, following the telecast of NBC's "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade."
- Nov 3, 2016Nestlé Purina PetCare Company Celebrates Veterans Day with Three-Day Celebration and Highlights Job Opportunities for VeteransCompany also asking consumers to vote for their favorite military pet charity - Dogs on Deployment or Pets for Vets - and Purina will donate a total of $100,000
Nestlé Purina is celebrating Veterans Day with three days of military-focused events for Purina associates, spotlighting job opportunities for Veterans across the U.S., and giving a total of $100,000 to split between consumers' favorite military pet charity based on online votes at PureLoveForPets.com*.
Nov 3, 2016
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company ("Nestlé Purina") and Blue Buffalo Company, Ltd. ("Blue Buffalo") today announced that they have reached a mutually agreeable settlement of the lawsuits pending between them. The terms of the settlement are confidential.
- Oct 26, 2016First-ever contest, powered by Purina, to award a total of $60,000 to startups that are improving the lives of pets and pet owners
Creators of innovative products and services are being recognized as finalists in the first-ever Pet Care Innovation Prize, a partnership between Nestlé Purina and St. Louis-based investment firms Active Capital and Cultivation Capital
- Oct 19, 2016Experts and Innovators Gather for Purina's Better with Pets Summit To Explore the Future of Pet CareThe fourth annual summit in Brooklyn, New York celebrated the evolving pet and owner bond, showcased the latest in pet care and wellness advancements, and revealed a new nutritional blend that will help improve and extend the lives of senior cats
Nestlé Purina, a global leader in pet care, hosted its fourth annual Better with Pets Summit at the Brooklyn Expo Center in New York City on Tuesday, October 18, bringing together pet community...
- Oct 12, 2016Ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Purina Pet Haven celebrates the third park opened as part of Urban Resource Institute and Purina’s partnership to support victims of domestic violence and their pets
Urban Resource Institute (URI) and Nestlé Purina PetCare hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony Oct. 12 to celebrate the opening of the Purina Pet Haven, a space where residents and their pets can play in safety, located onsite at URI’s Urban Women’s New Beginnings domestic violence shelter.
- Oct 6, 2016Purina Canine Sports Medicine Symposium Attracts Top Rehabilitation Experts
Agility enthusiast Amber McCue of Bedford, New Hampshire, noticed her Border Collie "Notch" had slowed down in his course time. That was three years and a pulled hamstring injury ago. Experience...
- Oct 6, 2016Emerging Specialty Focuses on Rehabilitation and Recovery for Active Dogs
Canine athletes are leaping to new heights, running faster times and retrieving with greater endurance, with the help of proper nutrition and new learnings about veterinary sports medicine. Dogs...
Oct 3, 2016Purina and St. Louis-Area Shelters Launch Campaign to Showcase Local Shelter Pets and to Increase Pet AdoptionsThe “Consider A Shelter Pet” multimedia campaign will feature one of the region’s largest adoption events
Currently only 27 percent of household pets nationwide* – and 40 percent locally – come from shelters**, due mostly to common misperceptions about the behavior, health and age of shelter pets. To address this issue, Nestlé Purina and local pet shelters have launched the “Consider A Shelter Pet” campaign.
Sep 21, 2016USA Network to Televise ‘Beverly Hills Dog Show Presented by Purina,’ Co-hosted by David Frei and John O’Hurley, on Easter Sunday 2017NBC Sports Group, Creator of NBC’s Popular Thanksgiving Day “National Dog Show,” to Produce New Program as Part of Multi-Year Agreement with Kennel Club of Beverly Hills and Purina
NEW YORK, NY – September 21, 2016 – The inaugural Beverly Hills Dog Show Presented by Purina – produced by NBC Sports Group – will air on USA Network at 8/7c on Easter Sunday, April 16, 2017.
- Sep 19, 2016Beneful® and Friends of Beneful Help Dog Owners & their BFFs Celebrate a Happy & Healthy National Dog Week
Relationships between dogs and their owners are reaching new levels – the 2016 Beneful® National Dog Week survey reveals that nearly all American dog owners surveyed consider their beloved pups...
- Sep 9, 2016Just Right by Purina Proves That No Two Pups Are Alike With Cross-Country Tour for Dogs with Most Popular Names
Calling all Lucys, Baileys, Daisies, Charlies and Maxes! Just Right by Purina brand dog food is hosting Same Name Dog Days, events gathering dogs with five of the most popular names together to...
- Sep 8, 2016Saint Joseph Animal Shelter Receives $100,000 Grant from Purina for Renovation, Future Expansion
Nestlé Purina granted a $30,000 donation to the Friends of the Animal Shelter (FOTAS) of St. Joseph, Inc., to fund an immediate renovation, which will take place September 10-18, and an additional $70,000 to help fund future expansion.
Sep 1, 2016Purina Cat Chow Donates Five Million Meals To Rescue Bank As Part Of "Nutrition To Build Better Lives" ProgramActress Busy Philipps Joins Purina Cat Chow to Help Deliver Portion of Food Donation
Thanks to the overwhelming support of cat people across the country, Purina Cat Chow announced today that it met its goal to donate five million meals of Purina Cat Chow to Rescue Bank, a program...